Family health problems can cover a multitude of common complaints and ailments. This article is not meant to replace medical advice, and you should always seek medical advice if you are concerned about the health of your child or another family member.
Here are 10 common family health problems and ways they can be resolved.
- Colds, coughs and runny noses will often get better by themselves in a matter of days. Some people prefer to treat colds with painkillers and cough medicine, whilst others don't. Some people will prefer to take time off work, or school, whereas others will soldier on. There isn't really a right way to fight colds.
- Headaches can be caused by a number of things, such as stress, hunger, a bang on the head, or even needing to wear glasses. By finding out why your child has a headache, you can help to get rid of the headache. Perhaps a dose of painkillers is all that's needed, or maybe your child will need a trip to the opticians if the headaches occur regularly, or whilst reading or watching TV.
- Tummy aches can be caused by hunger or too much food, as well as for other reasons. You will want to find out what your child has eaten to establish the cause of the tummy ache.
- Sometimes children will feign an illness or condition in order to try and get a day off school. After a while you will be able to tell when your child is genuinely ill, and when they haven't revised for a maths test.
- Cuts and scrapes will need to be cleaned and dressed, but unless they are serious, they probably won't require medial attention at a hospital. By keeping a well stocked first aid kit, you will be prepared for most eventualities.